Are you a student from outside Australia who wants to live and work there after you finish your studies? You can get a Temporary Graduate Visa. Read on to find out what a Temporary Graduate Visa 485 is and other important details.
One of the main reasons students from other countries choose to study in Australia is because they can work there after they finish their studies. Students who want to work in Australia after they finish their degree or course can get a visa from the Australian government. It’s called a Temporary Graduate Visa 485.
What is a Temporary Graduate Visa 485?
“As the name suggests, the Temporary Graduate Visa 485 is a temporary type of Australia visa that lets international students stay in the country after their study visa expires and study or work.”
Various Benefits of a Temporary Graduate Visa 485
- The person with the visa can work and study anywhere in Australia.
- A person with a visa can bring their family to Australia. On the visa application, they can list their spouse, dependent children, dependent children of their partner, and stepchildren of both.
- A person with a visa can go to and from Australia whenever they want.
- Getting work experience in Australia in this way could give you more points when you apply for Australia PR.
There are several ways to get a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
Graduate Work Stream
The visa is for students who have taken a course in a field that Australia needs workers for. The candidate can stay and work in Australia for up to 18 months after getting a visa. The applicant must have studied in Australia for at least two years to get this visa, be nominated for a job on the strategic skill list, and meet any other requirements.
Post-Study Work Stream
The Post-Study Work Stream is for students with bachelor’s degrees from a well-known Australian college or university. Students can live in Australia for 2 to 4 years, depending on their degree level and type. Here is a summary of the same thing.
Duration of the Post-Study Work Stream
- Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree with Honours, Masters by Coursework Degree, or Masters (Extended) Two years to get a
- Master of Science by Research3 years
- Doctoral Degree4 years
Second Post Study Work Stream
The visa is given to Temporary Graduate Visa holders from a regional area who have studied at an Australian school. With this visa, they can live and work in Australia for one to two years.
The visa is for people who have or have had a Temporary Graduate Visa but have lost their status because of COVID-19 travel restrictions. The visa lets them live, work, and attend school in Australia for 18 months to 5 years.
Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) – Eligibility Requirements
- The person running must be younger than 50.
- The person applying must be able to speak and write English well.
- The person must not have a criminal record.
- The candidate must have passed a CRICOS-registered course at an Australian school.
- The candidate must have a healthy body and mind.
- The person must have health insurance for as long as they are in the country.
- The candidate must have the right visa at the time of application.
- At the time of application, the candidate must be in Australia.
Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485– Document Requirement
- Score sheet for the English Language Proficiency Test.
- Application form filled out.
- Documents about health insurance.
- Identification documents.
- Certificate of birth.
- Photos (the size of a passport).
- Certificates of health.
- Police clearance certificate.
- A certificate that shows you finished a course or a degree.
Note that the list above is general. Talking to one of the Australian migration services is the best way to find out exactly what you need to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). Check out or visit Australian migration services for more information.
Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) – Cost
The price of a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) depends on which application stream you use. Usually, it costs about AUD1,730 to apply for the Graduate Work Stream, the Post Study Work Stream, or the Replacement Stream. The Second Post Study Work Stream will cost you about AUD680.
How to apply for a Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa:
At the Department of Home Affairs, you can apply online for a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485).
Time to Process a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
The amount of time it takes to process a Temporary Graduate Visa 485 depends on the type of application and the category it falls under. Generally, the Graduate Work Stream takes between 10 and 12 months to process, while the Post-Study Work Stream takes between 10 and 11 months.
Students who study in Australia often fall in love with the country’s beautiful scenery, high-class lifestyle, and great job opportunities and want to stay when they finish school. Those who are lucky may be able to move to Australia using the Temporary Graduate Visa 485. Australian migration services team is just a phone call away if you need help turning your temporary Study in Australia into permanent Australia Immigration.